Burke Facial Bump Removal
Laser Skin Treatments in Burke
You’ve managed to keep your face clear of acne, but out of nowhere, tiny white bumps start to appear. These are called milia, and they have been the bane of diligent skincare enthusiasts for many years. milia are small cysts that often pop up in groups around the nose and cheeks. They are harmless and painless, but frustrating to deal with nonetheless.
At Skin Deep Laser Services in Burke, we are equipped to remove milia and other facial bumps using state-of-the-art laser technology. Our team can examine your skin and recommend an appropriate treatment to get your skin smooth and healthy as soon as possible.
You don’t have to struggle through skin problems alone. Call (703) 639-4446 to schedule an appointment at our clinic.
What Causes Facial Bumps?
Facial bumps can be extremely frustrating, especially since they seem to appear without warning at the worst possible times. Milia typically occurs in response to skin irritation such as sunburns or blistering, but these are not the only type of facial bumps our team treats.
Facial bumps can take many forms and be caused by many things, including:
- Cholesterol deposits – These are flat, yellowish bumps that occur on the surface of the skin. They are also called xanthomas.
- Sebaceous cysts – This is a harmless bump that typically occurs on the face and neck. They are usually caused by damage to the sebaceous gland and can be uncomfortable.
- Sebaceous hyperplasia – These bumps are often confused with acne, but they are different and trying to treat these the same way you would acne will prove ineffective. Hyperplasia is when the sebaceous gland grows beyond its normal size and becomes a bump on the skin. It is caused by an excess of testosterone that increases activity in the sebaceous gland.
- Fibromas – These are small, benign tumors that can occur anywhere on the body, including the face. They may appear as small red bumps or a small lump.
- Xanthelasma – This is yellowish plaque buildup that occurs around the eyelid. It is not harmful, but it could be a sign of heart disease. It is caused by high levels of cholesterol.
These are just some of the facial bumps our dermatologists can treat. There are many possible laser treatments for these conditions. Ablative treatments, for example, can remove the damaged skin so that healthier skin can grow in its place.
Clean EnvironmentWe want you to feel safe when having a procedure so we take the necessary steps to keep our facility clean.
Cutting Edge TechnologyOur lasers are top of the line. We stay up to date on technology and only use the most advanced techniques.
Client FocusedOur goal is not just to give you the necessary treatment, but to teach you about what we are doing and why it will work.
Attention to DetailWe will never cut corners. You are our priority and that shows in our approach to each clients treatment.